Intake Coordinator opening with New Vision™ Service
New Vision™ is an inpatient medical stabilization service for adults with drug, alcohol, and related health issues. The service accepts appropriate adults, who are currently using or are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from certain drugs. New Vision™ has a fully qualified treatment team including an attending physician and nursing personnel who utilize a multidisciplinary team approach in the stabilization of the patient.
Current Openings: For a list of open Intake Coordinator positions across the country, please go to our Current Openings page
This position is responsible for performing a variety of social service duties as explained in the Job Description and as may be assigned by supervisor. The position is responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision™ service, clinical screening of potential adult patients, assisting the patients with their questions and concerns, and initiating discharge planning.
Essential Functions for Screening and Intake:
- Must understand and follow the CINA and CIWA procedures for intake assessments
- Effectively screening, verifying, and reporting patient information
- Complete the "Patient Inquiry Sheet" for each telephone inquiry regarding the New Vision™ service, obtaining and verifying all information required, completing the form with the Intake Coordinator’s signature, date and time of call.
- Verify the type of payor coverage the caller has prior to admission and complete pre-certification if required
- Schedule appointments for potential patients to come to New Vision™ office for on-site assessment and admission to New Vision™ Service.
Education - minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Human Services
Credentials: Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, Social Work; or Certified Counselors.
Licensed professionals preferred.
- A thorough understanding of chemical dependency
or behavioral health
- Knowledge of all related computer applications such as Microsoft Office; database management
- Understanding of social services and hospital procedures and
- Minimum of at least two (2) years of social service and/or related healthcare experience in a medical field required
- Telephone marketing (preferred)
- Prior experience with insurance verification
- Prior experience in the field of substance abuse
If you are interested in applying for a position, please go to our Current Openings page to view available positions by state. Please send your resume to our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the city & state of the open position in the subject line.
Employment with SpecialCare
Discover more about working for
If you are interested in
applying for a position, please send your resume to email@example.com
with the city & state of the open position in the subject line.
Connect with us on LinkedIn