Service Coordinator opening with New Vision™ Service
New Vision™ is an inpatient medical stabilization service for adults with drug, alcohol, and related health issues. The service accepts appropriate adults, who are currently using or are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from certain drugs. New Vision™ has a fully qualified treatment team including an attending physician and nursing personnel who utilize a multidisciplinary team approach in the stabilization of the patient.
Current Openings: For a list of open Service Coordinator positions across the country, please go to our Current Openings page
The Service Coordinator is responsible for the management of the New Vision™
which includes the oversight of the intake and referral process. The Service Coordinator is also responsible for
planning activity and initiating contacts in the community to enhance the visibility of the service and hospital.
The Service Coordinator works collaboratively with hospital administrators, the nursing leadership, and the
Director of Clinical Services to coordinate a continuum of care for the addicted patient.
Education - Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, and Social Work.
Licensed/Certified professionals preferred.
Credentials - Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, Social Work; or Certified Counselors.
- Basic understanding of chemical dependency.
- Knowledge of all related computer applications.
- Understanding of social services and/or hospital procedures and policies.
- Understanding of HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Minimum of at least three (3) years of social service experience and/or clinical or inpatient
- Marketing and public relations that involved planned community education.
- Highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate
communication, organizational, administrative and office skills.
- Must be a team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals and function with
- Management of Employees
- Management of Compliance
- Essential Functions as a Department Head - Functions as a liaison between the contracted hospital and SpecialCare Hospital Management
- Essential Functions for Community Outreach - Functions as a liaison between the service and the community
- Essential Functions for Supervision - Functions in a leadership role as immediate supervisor of Intake Coordinator and/or Community Service Representative
- Essential Functions for Service Performance - Ensures staff and service meets performance standards
- Personal/Professional Development - Maintaining and expanding knowledge and understanding of the field of chemical dependency and social service.
- Communication Skills - Utilizing necessary verbal and non-verbal skills necessary to support the success of an efficient and effective site.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please go to our Current Openings page to view available positions by state. Please send your resume to our HR Manager at email@example.com with the city & state of the open position in the subject line.
Employment with SpecialCare
Discover more about working for
If you are interested in
applying for a position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the city & state of the open position in the subject line.
Connect with us on LinkedIn