Intake Coordinator with the New Vision Service
New Vision is an inpatient medical stabilization service for adults with drug, alcohol, and related health issues. The service accepts appropriate adults, who are currently using or are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from certain drugs.
Current Openings: For a list of open Intake Coordinator positions across the country, please go to our Current Openings page.
SpecialCare Hospital Management is looking for a personable, result oriented and confident individual to fulfill the role of Intake Coordinator to help ensure new patients are receiving an excellent onboarding experience at the New Vision office. The intake coordinator is also responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision service, screen potential patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage patient onboarding process from phone inquiry, initiating eligibility verification, scheduling intake, through performing patient assessment
- Communicate with physicians and nursing staff as it pertains to patient assessment and continued stay
- In-facility round and follow up calls on patients daily according to policy and procedure
- Complete discharge plans with patient’s involvement
- Maintain HIPAA
- Reporting of daily census to corporate office
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to various agencies
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field preferred along with a minimum of at least three (3) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Understanding of documentation pertaining to healthcare, while maintaining HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Must be a team player that is willing to accept and promote goals with minimal supervision and have the ability to assist and support others
- Ability to problems solve through data analysis, integrate new ideas or processes, and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as an understanding of email and attachments.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
SpecialCare is a subsidiary company of BayMark Health Services. Employee Benefits are managed through BayMark. More information can be found on BayMark’s career page here (link opens in a new window).
If you are interested in applying for a position, please go to our Current Openings page to view available positions.
Help your community address the addiction crisis.
Call us today at 800-383-6085 or request a proposal.